Monday, August 1, 2011

Oh Arkansassy!

I recently got to spend a few days in Little Rock with my Arkansas team and it was of course a wonderful time filled with my wonderful people and delicious food.
I of course had to go to my favorite brunch spot, b-side.  Seriously people, it may be my favorite place to get brunch in the country.  I force myself to get something different every time I go and I'm never disappointed.  I went basic this time with the traditional breakfast - eggs, bacon, toast, gouda grits. Yes gouda grits, they are so friggin' good it should be illegal.  Did I mention the $3 mimosas? Yeah, I love this place.

I also got to enjoy some items that really you can only justify while on vacation...in the south. Items like, buffalo chicken dip and a bacon cheeseburger topped with a fried egg...

During these fine few days I also had a take on my summer fancy.  Any gin cocktail that combines cucumber, mint, and lime will do.  It is an amazingly refreshing combo that never disappoints.  This one was called the effin good martini, and it was.

Finally there was the absolute ridiculousness that was dessert.  We ordered key lime pie and a flourless chocolate cake topped with ganache, blue bell, and whipped cream.  Now the piece of pie in the picture was a standard slice of pie to help show how absolutely massive the chocolate cake was.  And it was every bit as delicious as it looks.  Now Arkansas holds a good piece of my heart, but I worry I can't ever live there again or else I'll blow up like a hot air balloon...

No comments:

Post a Comment