Tuesday, January 29, 2013

creamy cauliflower

I've got more soup because it's still very much winter around these parts.

This time some roasted cauliflower and potato, pureed of course.  

First up, roast 1/2 a head of cauliflower at 425 for 15 minutes.  
I sprinkled mine with olive oil, pepper, salt, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. 


While that is going, saute up one chopped onion, two cloves of garlic, and your choice of seasoning.  I used a bay leaf (which I never use, I don't know why I felt this needed it), pepper, salt, garlic and onion powder, cayenne, and italian herb mix:


Once that is going, say after 7 minutes, add in one or two potatoes, chopped, depending on size, about two cups worth. 

When the cauliflower is done, add that in and stir up over medium heat to get everything crispy.


Then add a carton of vegetable stock, cover and let simmer for about fifteen-twenty minutes until the potatoes are tender to the fork.  

Pull out your handy dandy immersion blender and go to town until you have this beauty:


Top with some parmesan and call it a delicious day, inside away from the cold


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment