Wednesday, May 23, 2012

dc for a minute

we had a conference in dc for a few days right after the semester ended.  
so we went to founding farmers and it was pretty damn good. 

we started with a round of fancy drinks, mine of course was gin based with muddled lemon, delicious. 


then we had some serious fried green tomatoes and crostini with brie, apples, and onion jam, 
both as delectable as they look. 

 



And then there was the main course, holy moly, this is where things really got out of hand:
lobster mac and cheese, crab cakes, salmon, and scallops with butternut squash risotto. 



 

Yup. It was all as awesome. My crab cakes were the best. We voted, so it's not just me saying that. 

Oh, but of course, we had to get dessert, you know make sure we tried everything.
Red velvet cake and chocolate mousse: 

 

I don't know if you can tell but that mousse bowl was about a quart and a half in size, and was probably the best mousse i've ever consumed.  We barely touched the cake, I had one bite, leftovers were taken.

On a free afternoon Laney and I went to the Renwick where, you know, they house American crafts. It was great, and I decided that after grad school I will just move in and be the resident crafter. 
Sound like a plan? 


And of course, we had to make a stop at the NHM to see the dinosaurs


I do love dc. 

xoxo

ps.
we may have left our mark on a paper table cloth:


No comments:

Post a Comment